Pages

July 13, 2010

Jonas: Beautiful Dead REVIEW!

This is my first review, so yeah. And I'm a bad writer. And speller. 
Anyway,
Jonas: Beautiful Dead by Eden Maguire

"Not alive. Not dead. Somewhere in between lie the Beautiful Dead. 

Something strange is happening in Ellerton High. Jonas, Arizona, Summer and Phoenix. All dead within a year.

Jonas Jonson is the first to die, in a motorcycle accident. But there are many unanswered questions, and the three deaths that follow are equally mysterious.

Grief-stricken Darina can't escape her heartache or visions of her dead boyfriend, Phoenix, and the others who died. And all the while, the sound of beating wings echoes in her head...

Are the visions real? Or do the Beautiful Dead only exist in Darina's traumatized imagination?"

(That took a long time to type. :P )


I really liked it. I was reading until 2:30 AM. :D I liked the characters (well the ones I'm supposed to. I'm also really weirdly obsessed with Eve.), the idea, everything. I know I'm supposed to, but I can't think of any real cons. A tiny bit too much romance maybe. I mean, I don't mind romance, but it seemed like every sentence had "we kissed again." I didn't mind much, though. The ending was kind of a surprise to me, but I can't say any more. Spoilers, ya know. I get surprised by everything though, so don't take my word for it. 

Characters:
10/10
Originality 
9/10
Cover 
5/5
Name 
4/5

And I know it should add up to 100 or something but I don't care. :D

Overall:

 (In case my amazingly awesome picture fails to load, 4 1/2)

:D


-Toria the BOOK REVIEWER!

No comments: